Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My beloved shrimp died. Do I take him out of my tank now or wait a few hours?

Hi, I woke up and turned my tank light on at about 8:40am this morning. I saw an exosekleton aon one side of my 1+ gallon and a dead shrimp at the other. I'm sure. Im guessing she's dead because my platies kinda sleep swim at night and thrash all around the tank when they sleep, and they mustve crashed into my "naked" shrimp, which had no exoskeleton at the time, and my poor shrimp snaped a body part and died. Just a guess. She's way too big for my betta and platies to attack. I have a few fry hiding at the leaves above the tank and I was going to petsmart to buy a net for them to stay in. But I wasnt expecting my shrimp to die. So, I'd have to siphon out or net out my dead shrimp, but my baby fish will loose their hiding places if I maneuver my net around the tank to get the dead shrimp, and my fry will be eaten. So, do I wait until I return from the petstore [about 11am or so] or risk my fry and take out my shrimp now? I have other shrimp and a snail there. And a betta but all my vertebraes ignore shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment